Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Gummie!

Yet another LATE birthday blog! Sorry, mom!

My mom celebrated the anniversary of her 21st birthday last week. I won't share which anniversary and maybe that will keep me in her good graces! :-)
Well, truly, she's the person I've known the longest...so, where do I start???
*She is one of the hardest working people I know.

*She's a momma-bear when it comes to her kids (& grandkids) - so if you jack with one of us, look out!

*She raised kids for over THIRTY years!

*When I was little, she took in 3 of my cousins that needed a loving home and raised them as her own, despite the challenges & many sacrifices it entailed!

*My mom is the ultimate person to have in a crisis. You can count on her no matter what. She jumps in, knows what to do and does it. I'll always be so thankful for her when Jordan was born. Eddie and I could not have made it through without her help and support.

*She homeschooled my brothers from 3rd grade through high school - and she did an outstanding job...they are smart boys! She's been a great resource for me - and has even saved some great curriculum for my kids!
*She is an entrepreneur at heart - and has had at least one business of her own for the last 20 years. And, she's always dreaming of new ones. I remember as a kid she dreamed of owning a Wicks N Sticks store (remember those?). I've always admired her for dreaming of big things and never giving up!
*Jake said, "I love Gummie because she sends me lots of toys & because she doesn't like strings like I don't" (well, there you have it!)

We love you, mom/Gummie! Happy Birthday, a little late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a sweet blog!
What's the string thing?