Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Random Things

I have so much blogging to catch up on - including our trip to Houston, birthdays, etc.
But first, I got tagged by Jenn Mumm before we left for Texas to post 10 Random Things about me. Everyone says this, but I found it to be very true...this is much harder than it seems!

1. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and in my former life (the one before I was a MOM), I was a probation officer in Montgomery County, Texas. People always seem shocked to know that, but I LOVED my job!
2. I was an only child for 9 years before my mom got custody of 3 cousins
3. I have identical twin brothers and I was 14 when they were born.
4. I met my husband during college (in August 1994). I hired him to work for me at Subway. I noticed his amazing soccer-legs that first day and even though he had a girlfriend I was immediately drawn to him (and I could tell he was diggin' me as well ... the girlfriend didn't last long after that!) We've been married for 11 years and he is truly my BEST friend.
5. I am terrified of bugs, critters, insects, etc.
6. I love to read. Non-fiction type stuff only. No fiction for me - well with the exception of the Left Behind series. I did get into that a few years ago and would read like crazy and then have to wait for months until the next book came out. Now its parenting, homeschooling, marriage, Bible studies and such.
7. I am painfully shy around people I don't know and I am NOT good at making friends. I love friends and am always open to making new ones ... I just am not very good at it!
8. I took 4 years of Spanish in college in order to avoid 2 semesters of public speaking. Speaking in front of people is SO not my gig!
9. I love organizing things ... whether its a drawer, an event or anything in between - that's what gets my blood pumpin!
10. I love to write. I'm not creative, but I enjoy any opportunity to write something. If this blog was handwritten, you'd see a LOT more posts from me!

So, there you have it! I now tag:
Sarah
Stacey
Audra
Nonie
Ericka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, seriously, if you EVER have the organization bug, feel free to work it out at my house! I try so hard, but once one thing gets organized-something else gets destroyed!