Monday, September 24, 2007

Chicago

Jordan and I drove to Chicago on Thursday for her NACD evaluation on Friday. We went out to dinner ('on a date') once we got into town Thursday night, which was really fun. Just the girls. Jordan cherishes those times ... and so do I. Its always a treat to spend some quality one-on-one time with one of the kids. I enjoyed her company so much! One of my goals with her is to make time to do something with her every week - just the two of us! Its important!

Friday, we had our evaluation and it went really well! Jordan is making great progress in so many areas. I told the evaluator that it still wasn't good enough for me ... to which she replied, "That's because you're an NACD mom." I laughed. It really is a culture. One I'm honored to be included in. Anyway, at the end, Ellen, our evaluator said, "I think Jordan's doing just great ... and I'm pretty critical." She is, indeed, but that's been a good thing for us. She pushes us. So, her compliment is HUGE when you consider the source! I'm very proud of the hard work Jordan and I put in - and its a joy to see the fruit of our labor!


We have some crazy new program activities we'll be implementing this time around and we'll be focusing on increasing the strength of her eyes and the way they work together, which should improve her handwriting as well (hallelujah!). Some of their tactics are a little 'out there' but it works, so that's all that matters to me! So, if you see Jordan walking around in weird 'glasses', just know that we're working hard! :-)

After our evaluation, we got to have lunch with Sarah, which was quick, but fun. She gave Jordan a balloon for her birthday and Jordan thought she was hot stuff! Its always a treat for me to get to spend time with Sarah, even if it is short and sweet!

No comments: