Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun Days

Yesterday, the kids and I had the opportunity to go visit my Great Uncle George (my grandfather's brother). My kids' Great-Great Uncle! Pretty cool. My mom's cousin, Jan, is a singer with the Dallas Symphony Chorus. She came to Houston put on a performance at her dad's assisted living community. The kids loved it ... even Jake, who, of all my kids, is the least interested in music. She was THAT good!

Jadyn, Jake & Jordan with their Great-Great Uncle

We had a fun time. In the midst of diapers, dishes, laundry and all the rest, its easy to forget what joy kids bring to people just by being present. Wanna make someone's day? Walk into a nursing home or assisted living center with your kids. Sure felt good to bring a smile to so many faces!
***************************************
Today, we played outside for a while, despite the oppressing heat. Brutal summer so far, I tell ya. Even for Houston. Anyway, as I've said before, the only way to survive outside right now is in water. I'm not brave enough to take all my (non-swimmer) children to the pool alone, so we did the next best thing. We played in the sprinkler and with the water table today.

If you're a 7-year-old boy with {more energy than a sprinkler can provide fun for} a crazy sprinkler like this, of course you pretend you're a secret spy and the water is laser beams. Cracked me up. Especially when he tried to get the girls in on it, too. Funny, they didn't have the same level of interest in that little game.

We all had a great time. Jace loves the water as much as Jordan did at his age. So fun!!

No comments: