Monday, January 08, 2007

Poop & other excitement

Maybe Sarah would prefer I update everyone on Jadyn's potty-training process! We didn't do much to pursue it during the holidays, but she remains interested nonetheless. She finally even pooped on the potty! She's been wearing pull ups (yep, I'm lazy...take it up elsewhere) when we're home and stays dry (except at nap time), so we're making great progress on the potty front!
As for homeschooling, I don't think I updated the newest event. We pulled Jake out of preschool at the Christmas break to homeschool. We'll be starting Kindergarten with him on Monday! (I've decided to play it up and make a big deal since he remembers Jordan's first day and he's SO excited!). The goal is to have them both ready to do first grade in the fall. Also, I went to orientation at HEED, the local Christian homeschool support group, tonight. I think it will be a GREAT resource!
Tomorrow, Jordan and I leave for Chicago. She has her NACD evaluation on Wed morning. I'm actually excited about this appointment (typically I'm a basket-case!). I can't wait for her to READ to her evaluator! What an accomplishment! I feel like we've made great progress since pulling her out of school and that was in the midst of the craziness of the holidays. I can't wait to see what happens this quarter!
Let's see...oh yeah...this has been a big deal around our house! Jadyn, also known as "The Little Miss," (nicknamed before she was tiny!), is finally putting on some poundage! She's gained a whole THREE pounds in the last month! Let's hear it for eating crap. I wish the world cheered when I gained weight! Anyway, its amazing to think she was over 10 pounds at birth and now we watch for every ounce and jump for joy at 23 pounds!
OK, I think that about covers the big stuff!
Are you happy now, Sarah?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! But my favorite post is the cookie recipies below. :)