Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jakey!


I'm squeezing this one in at the last minute! Today is Jacob's 5th birthday. Where does the time go? And, is he cute or what? (not that I'm biased or anything!). I'm so lucky that God chose me to be his mom!
*Jacob has many nicknames: Jake, Dollboy, Jakey, Jakey-bake, buddy, and the occassional, Jakester by Pastor Lori!
*He is a rule follower.
*Jakey is very particular.
*He hates strings and stray hairs.
*He is truly shy - I remember holding him as a 6 month old baby and he would bury his head in my shoulder when people spoke to him. I remember thinking it was so strange!
*Jake was a FAT baby! Short and fat. That makes me wish I had baby pictures on my computer...but I digress.
*Jake loves to wear hats and he's a total shoe hound! The boy loves to buy new shoes!
*He's really smart and loves to learn. He's especially good at math - but he loves all things academic.
*Jake wants to do everything like Daddy - right down to matching underwear everyday!
*Jake has an amazing memory.
*He's a game fanatic - a boy after my own heart!
*He talks incessantly.
*He's playing soccer this Spring.
*He loves the Science Center.
*Jake actually enjoys helping around the house. He's responsible for dusting, emptying the trash and taking turns setting/clearing the table at dinner. Plus, he helps fold laundry, sweep and clean bathrooms. Sometimes he'll even ask for more chores to do!
*Jake is a control freak. He would be more than willing to rule the roost around here!
*My favorite thing he does is when he comes to me and says, "I need some mommy-snuggles." Who could resist that?
*Jake prayed to receive Christ just before Christmas and it was truly the proudest moment of my life!
Happy Birthday, Dollboy! I love you more than you will ever know! I'm super proud of you and so proud to be your mom!

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

That's one awesome boy you have!