Thursday, October 18, 2007

Feeling Really Blessed

I am overwhelmed right now. I feel so blessed with the people God has put in my life and the offers of help I've had the last few weeks. I'm not good at asking for help...and, I'm worse at accepting it even when its offered! Silly, I know.

Anyway, yesterday, my friend Amy called me and was literally on her way to my house to take my kids to story time at Wellspring. She was so sweet and they had such a great time. She even brought us dinner and sat and chatted with me yesterday afternoon ... not even noticing my dirty house! Now, that's a friend!

Today, my friend Mandy kept the kids while Ed & I met with a midwife. She even fed them lunch so Ed and I could go out to eat! She not only did a craft with the kids, she also let them make their own little mini pizzas for lunch! I'm pretty sure my kids would rather be living with her right about now! :-) Oh, I should also mention that Mandy has 3 kids of her own, ages 5 & under and she's homeschooling as well.

And, my friend Jen completely ignored my efforts to convince her it wasn't necessary and set up meals for my family from now through the end of the month! We have dinner coming nearly every night! How insane is that? I know my family is REALLY thankful!!

I'm just totally humbled and overwhelmed. I pray that God will pour out His blessings on everyone that is blessing us! You are all amazing and I'm so thankful for my church family! I feel completely honored to be on the receiving end of such an outpouring of love & I feel ridiculously spoiled! Thank you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It is just so much fun to help out :) One of my favorite things!

Sleep, what's that??? said...

I know it is harder to receive than give, but just accept it with a smile! Call me anytime!!! My kids LOVED playing with yours!!!! They are STILL talking about it!! :O)

stephanie said...

Amen to Lori's comment...You deserve it all!! And I am so glad for God's arms and legs right there in Iowa, since there's not much practical help I can offer from here!

amain said...

This our way of bribing you to never leave Iowa:)

Anonymous said...

Amy... I am hoping your bribing does not work!!!

the Gummie