Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Survived Ike!

Ike has made its pass through the Houston area and we made it through without any problems. We only lost power for about 12 hours ... which is really remarkable considering they are saying that 80% of the city is without power and it will take 3 weeks or longer for everyone to be back up and running! We feel very fortunate - it was starting to get pretty warm!
My mom came to stay with us last night and a small tree from our front yard fell on her car! There doesn't appear to be any damage, so that's good! We didn't get much sleep last night. The wind was really loud and the kids were scared - but that's the worst we had to deal with! Much better than a lot of people, especially those closer to the coast.
Our cell phones haven't been working so well, but thanks to everyone who has called, texted and emailed to check on us.
On a fun note, I had some breast milk in the freezer that thawed a little while the power was out, so Jace got his first bottle today - and he took it from his Gummie like a champ! No practice necessary! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the boy likes to eat!!

8 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

I am soooo glad you are all ok!!! I heard it was pretty bad! i was going to e-mail you or call you, but I figured everybody and their brother was doing the same, (and may not have gotten trhough!!!) so I was going to wait until it passed before I tried to bug you all!! :O)
Glad Jace took the bottle, that's always nice!!!! :O)
Luv ya and miss you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Angela, I'm glad to hear you guys are all well!

Anne

Anonymous said...

Jace took the bottle like a champ, but he looked very confused that he was looking at the wrong face during dinner!! It was not supposed to be a Gummie face!

Sandy May said...

Yeah! Paul and I were praying and thinking of you. We were on vacation in the wilderness of the National Forest on the WY CO border but did have satelite radio. Glad to know everyone is great!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you guys are okay!

Lori Eilers said...

It was great to hear your voice this morning!

Jena said...

Glad you are doing fine. Good job on the bottle, Jace :) Its the worst to have your milk thaw out...but its great you could use it :D

Jenn said...

I kept thinking about you guys while we were watching the coverage, I thought you know I bet she would rather take a little snow rather than a hurricane...Am I right? Glad to hear you are all safe.