Friday, December 05, 2008

Third Time's a Charm!?!

This has been an interesting week. The kids have all been sick. Nothing terrible, just colds. But, all 4 of them! Makes for a house full of needy children! And one tired momma!

Then, Tuesday afternoon we found out that our builder is pulling out of the neighborhood where we were building our house!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAT??? The neighborhood is about 80% built out ... but our little street that will only have 6 houses when its finished will for the time being only have 3. At least one of which will be vacant. So, for a whole host of reasons, we decided that it is just not a burden or a risk we are interested in taking on. Interestingly enough, I'm not as disappointed as I *should* be.

So, TIME CRUNCH! Our lease expires next month ... time for quick shopping and a quick-close! I don't think either of us could have anticipated just how quickly it would go! Wednesday, Ed called me while the kids and I were out running errands and said he'd seen a David Weekley house online and wanted me to go take a look. I did and it is BEAUTIFUL! Its completely finished and ... get this ... we close in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!! What a whirlwind.

Assuming all goes "according to plan" (and we have seen that it doesn't always), we'll be moving into our new home after Christmas! And, its not soon enough for us!

Here are some pics - enjoy!

3 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Wow...things are always hopping at your place! The new house looks amazing and we are so happy for you. I'll be praying that every detail falls into place. Isn't God good?!

Olivia said...

way to role with the punches! What part of town will you be in? I still would love to hug your neck! :0)

Rays Family said...

Another great house, enjoy!

Anne