Friday, March 16, 2007

NACD appointments

I've really been anxious to get Jake into NACD for an evaluation. Its been at least 2 years since his last one and I could use their input with homeschooling him! Chicago appointments fill up quickly so the soonest I could get him in was July! Our July appointment was moved up to June, which was great. Then, I got a phone call this morning from our support staff person who said there's been a cancellation for the morning of Jordan's APRIL appointment! So, we took it! I can't wait to have someone check him out from all angles. They'll check all areas of academics and his motor skills as well as things that are unique to the neurodevelopmental approach such as dominance and processing. It will be interesting to see what comes from this and to get a homeschool program tailored just for him! I love NACD's philosophy: that ALL children - challenged, typical or gifted - can learn faster and accomplish more if they are provided with the opportunity. I also love that they look at Jordan and Jacob. Not at Down Syndrome or any other label. Can't wait for our April appointments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear these results