Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall Soccer Begins

Saturday was the first soccer game of the season!
Jadyn's very first game ever! I'm totally frustrated that after taking some seriously cute pictures of her, I promptly deleted them off my camera!!!! I took this one after the game and I'm not sure why she looks so goofy, but trust me when I say (with no bias whatsoever) that she was THE Cutest Soccer-girl. EVER.
I took this picture because Jake was #3 last year and kept the same number this year. Jadyn wanted to be #3, just like her big brother! So sweet! Sometimes he gets frustrated with her copying him, but I explained the phrase "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" to him and now he thinks its pretty cool. Even in spite of the accompanying responsibility it entails!
I deleted a close-up of Jadyn's cute hair bow ... again, no bias whatsoever.

Jake's team includes 5 players from last season and the skill level of each of them has jumped tremendously over the summer! Its so fun to watch them grow, not only physically, but also in their skills and their love of the game. Ed is helping coach Jake's team this season, which thrills Jake to no end.

The only drawback to Saturday was the muddy fields and drizzling rain. The Sharks and the Flyers both won by very wide margins, so it more than made up for the conditions! The season is off to a great start!

2 comments:

Chef Stinson Family said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how big Jadyn is! Too cute!

Lori Eilers said...

Absolutely, no question, the two cutest soccer players, ever! They both look so much older!